Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chocolate Macaroons

Back in the states, I was introduced to Wegmans chocolate macaroons.  I have been searching for a recipe or trying to find an equivalent.  I think that I've found a substitute. It's not the same, but it definitely hits the spot!

These are Mrs. Crimble's chocolate macaroons.  I was introduced to it by my friends who are allergic to gluten.  Who says you have to be allergic to gluten to enjoy Mrs. Crimbles?  The combination of chocolate and coconut is very nice.

Now I am on the hunt for a good coconut macaroon recipe to try and make my own. I would love to try and make them more like Wegmans which has a fuller buttery taste to them.  Maybe I need to come up with a whole new baked good line. Mrs. Turners? Hm... Watch out Mr. Kipling and Mrs. Crimbles. You may have some competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment